20+ Best Smoothies
These smoothie recipes give new life to your favorite fruits and veggies – in a slurpable drink! They’re packed with good-for-you ingredients, made in less than 5 minutes, and can be enjoyed any time throughout the day.
How To Make A (Great) Smoothie
When it comes to making a smoothie, don’t overthink it. The best ones are often made from improvising with what you have on hand. Toss in your slightly browned banana, sprinkle in a handful of spinach that’s about to go bad, or use up that half can of coconut milk. Just a little bit of each can go far in a delicious blended drink.
While there’s no right or wrong way to make a smoothie, here’s a few tips to for making a healthy, well-rounded smoothie.
- Choose a liquid base. Choose filtered water, coconut water, or any dairy-free milks (such as oat milk, almond milk, hemp milk, or cashew milk) for an extra creamy smoothie. Steer clear of fruit juices most of the time though, as it adds unnecessary sugar.
- Start with frozen fruits. To keep your smoothie chilled and creamy, it’s best to use frozen fruits. You can use store-bought frozen bags, or chop and freeze fresh fruit.
- Add vegetables for a dose of greens. Fresh leafy greens such as spinach or kale are an easy way to sneak in greens. But you can also add in frozen zucchini or frozen cauliflower to pack in extra nutrients and fiber in these low sugar smoothies.
- Consider adding healthy fats. Healthy fats will help absorb all those fat-soluble vitamins and nutrients from your fruits and vegetables! All you need is a dollop of almond butter, a drizzle of coconut oil, a slice of avocado or a variety of seeds such as chia seeds or flax seeds.
- Superfood & protein add-ins are a plus. Give your smoothie an extra boost with the simplest ingredients. These can range from spices such as cinnamon or turmeric, to superfoods like maca powder or goji berries. For more superfood options, take a peek at my post on how to make the healthiest green smoothie.
Super Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Oh yes, fruit combinations are endless in smoothies! And that makes it all the more fun to experiment with new flavors and vibrant colors. Just remember to make the most of what’s in season. Stock up on mangos in the summer and persimmons in the winter. Then blend those with year round fruits such as bananas or apples to create easy, tasty, and refreshing options.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie: This is a classic combo that never fails and can be enjoyed all year round!
- Mango Smoothie: Mangos are blended with bananas and milk for a sweet and creamy summertime recipe.
- Mandarin Breakfast Smoothie: This creamsicle dream is brimming with Vitamin C, and plenty of power ingredients to kickstart your morning!
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie: If you’ve got frozen acai packs, blend them with strawberries and bananas to create a vitamin-packed smoothie.
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie: Enjoy the best of peach season with a breakfast smoothie full of creamy yogurt, chia seeds, and a few easy spices.
- Almond Orange Smoothie: Oranges, bananas, almond butter, and vanilla beans make for a simple smoothie that’s packed with flavor and nutrients. Bonus, it tastes like an Orange Julius!
- Post Workout Green Smoothie: Try this easy combo of spinach, apples, bananas, avocado, and protein powder to complete your workout routine.
Healthy Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipes
Skip the expensive juice bars with these vibrant and healthy smoothies. They’re made with natural anti-inflammatory foods that keep inflammation at bay, boost your immune system, and support your overall wellness. What more could you ask for in one single drink?
- Blueberry Smoothie: Blueberries, banana, coconut water, yogurt and flax seeds turns this into one nutrient-dense smoothie that boasts tons of antioxidant benefits.
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie: You won’t believe how delicious this combination is! Just blend together pineapple, bananas, ginger, and turmeric for a tropical (yet healthy) getaway.
- Best Green Smoothie: A simple combo of apples, spinach, banana, and avocado will change your expectations of a green smoothie. This one’s creamy, perfectly sweet, and packed with nutrients. That’s why it’s the best!
- Apple Carrot Beet Smoothie: If you really want to drink your veggies, opt for this smoothie that’s filled with carrots, apples, ginger, and oranges. It’s seriously loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
- Spiced Persimmon Smoothie: With the addition of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, this is a slightly sweet, deliciously spiced, immune-boosting smoothie perfect for those cold weather months.
- Golden Beet, Carrot And Turmeric Smoothie: Combining *all* the orange things, this is one power-packed, beta-carotene loaded, and gut-healing smoothie!
Dessert-Like Smoothies with No Guilt!
For smoothies a bit more on the indulgent side, give these a try. While they may have a smidge more sweetness, they’re still full of natural ingredients. So yes, a chocolate smoothie can indeed be healthy. You’re welcome.
- Chocolate Collagen Smoothie: If you love a good banana and chocolate combo, this one’s a winner. Plus, it’s got a dose of collagen to support your skin, hair, and nails.
- Cashew Date Shake: A healthier take on Palm Springs’ famous date shake, this one’s extra creamy (thanks to cashews), and naturally sweetened with dates, and bananas.
The Ultimate Smoothie Bowl Recipes
If you haven’t hopped on the smoothie bowl bandwagon – now’s the time. These bowls of goodness turn your average smoothie into a refreshing, vibrant, and colorful meal with room for topping creativity! Choose a base from your favorite smoothie blends, then top it off with nuts, seeds, superfoods, and extra fruit.
- Acai Bowl: This quintessential smoothie bowl is packed with antioxidants and tastes amazing with an array of berries and crunchy toppings.
- Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl: Come cherry season, this bowl is a must. It’s a blend of cherries, banana, coconut water, and topped with cacao nibs and coconut flakes for an indulgent treat.
- Mango Smoothie Bowl: Tropical flavors and sunny vibes are front and center in this recipe. Top it with extra fruit and a sprinkle of granola for added crunch.
- Clean Green Smoothie Bowl: For a veggie-packed meal with a bunch of sneaky greens, look no further than this recipe…the ultimate green smoothie bowl.
- Pitaya Smoothie Bowl: Want to feel like you’re on vacation in Bali? Pitaya (also known as dragon fruit) makes for a vibrant smoothie bowl, especially when topped with additional fruits.
If you make any of these delicious smoothie recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
20+ Best Smoothies
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Blend coconut water, blueberries, banana, yogurt and flax seeds together in a high-powered blender for 30 seconds, or until creamy.